Saturday, December 19, 2009

Running With Pain/Fear

This is the inaugural post for this blog. I have been letting my heels heal for 6 days now. I'm really itching to get out and run. I am planning on a short 3 mile run tomorrow to test out the heels. When running there are two kinds of pain. There's the harmless kind you deal with and actually come to relish, and then there's the kind that instills fear in a runner. The pain that causes fear comes when you're not sure if your next step is going to break a bone. This is why all the experts say to listen to your body. I have taken these last 6 days off because I wasn't sure if my pain was from the bursitis in my heels or if my heel bones were about to crack. I've taken some steps to remedy my heel pain, which I will talk about in a later post.

1 comment:

  1. You're grumpy when you don't run so live on the edge and go. Make an appointment with your doctor first to but that all fear and worry aside. I'll plug in the heating pad:)

    ReplyDelete