Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tough Decision

I have decided that, in the words of Bush Sr., it just wouldn't be pudent to keep running on injured feet.  This decision was based in part on reading other blogger's tales of running through injuries and their eventually succumbing to stress fractures.  While I am already feeling the effects of not running for more than a few days--irritability and anxiousness--my feet are also beginning to feel better.  I would put them at around 80%.  I am tentatively planning on resuming running sometime around the beginning of the new year.  I assume that my new shoes will be in around then, and I am hoping that my feet will also be 100% with another week or two of rest.  The shoe I have decided to go with is the New Balance 1225.  It's a stability shoe that has received mostly good reviews.  To pass the time, I have just started reading the book Once A Runner by John L. Parker Jr.  I am barely forty pages in, but so far am loving it.  I have also rented the movie Without Limits--the one starring Billy Crudup--which is about the life of Steve Prefontaine.  With five kids aging from 2.5 to 10 years, it's difficult to find time to read and watch movies, so it could be a while before I finish either of these indulgences.  I am now officially forty years old and looking forward to being ready to run again.        

No comments:

Post a Comment