Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Another Trip Without Much Running

Well, it's been quite a while now since I last checked in.  My running has been spotty, at best, since I hurt my heel at Disneyland in late February.  For the first two weeks of March I ran 15 and 12 miles respectively.  March 15th, I got in a short 4 miles before once again leaving for Disneyland.  We did Disneyland for 3 days--one of those days was a 17 hour one (7am-midnite).  After that, we headed to Shelter Island, San diego for a few days.  As it turned out, we should have stayed at Disneyland.  Everyday, my 2 1/2 year-old asked to go to Disneyland.  Other than the water, I'm not a big fan of San Diego.  Perhaps, it's because I have young kids.  Maybe I'll like it better when we can do an adult only trip.  I ran 8 miles the morning that we were leaving.  There were a lot of serious hills on that run, but nice views of the ocean also.  I finished that run in 1:18:50.  Not too bad considering I walked some of the downhill sections--I believe downhill running is at the root of my hurting heel. 

Upon returning home, I was pretty tired and wiped out for a couple of days.  I ordered a Garmin Forerunner 205 before we left, and it arrived on Tuesday.  I tried it out for the first time today.  I must say that I really like it.  I put a link at the bottom of the page to see the map and data that it collected of today's run--I didn't check it, so I hope it works.  I got in 8 miles today in 1:11:19.  The last 3 miles were all at a steady incline, which made it tough. 

I don't have any trips planned for a while, so the training should get back to normal.  My left heel still hurts, but I've decided that the pain is just something that I'll have to deal with.  I'll run through it unless it begins to feel like something more serious is going on.  All runners deal with pain.  It's how well we handle it that determines how fast and far we go.      

Garmin Connect - Dashboard for fkelly3d!

No comments:

Post a Comment