Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hot

Well, the week isn't going as well as I had hoped.  Today was my first opportunity to get a run in.  I figured an easy 3 miles would be good, so I set out around 12:30 or 1:00.  I figured it would be warm, but didn't realize that it was really hot and a little windy at times.  The temperature was in the 90's during this run and I felt it.  It took me 27:16 and turned into a mini mental struggle to keep running near the end.  I had forgotten how much the heat takes out of you.  With this in mind, I'm now concerned over how my 200 meter repeats are going to turn out.  I'm going to try and get them in Friday or Saturday. 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, BIG Guy! The heat is only gonna get worse as the Summer comes on. I am right there with you. I am praying that it doesn't take too much out of me this Summer.

    All the articles advise me to run in the wee small hours for the morning and I am just not that girl!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete