Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 Recap

2009 was a good year overall.  Here's just some of the stats.  I started running at the beginning of June.  It was pretty hot, and I remember struggling to finish 2 and 3 mile runs.  It's funny because a mere two months later and I was warming up with one and two miles before the actual running began.  I totaled 528 miles for the year.  5.5 weeks of training were lost due to injury.  My longest run was 13.1 miles, which I did twice.  I did not run any races. 
I think I'm getting pretty close to running again.  My right heel feels normal.  My left heel is around 90% now.  Hopefully, I'll be ready to go in another one to two weeks.  I have decided to get the New Balance ultra arch support insoles to go with the NB 1225 shoes.  I am looking forward to getting these items and really hope that they solve my feet problems.  Based on the preliminary re-start to my training program in a couple of weeks, The Sun run 10k is in jeopardy because I would only have around two weeks to get ready for it.  I am optimistic...cautiously...for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment