Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goals for 2010

The primary goal for 2010 is to finish a marathon in under 4 hours.  The secondary goal is to qualify for Boston.  I also want to run a 5k, 10k, and a half marathon.  I want to do more core work this year.  I am shooting for 500 crunches a day.  I was doing 200 crunches a day when I felt good, but have really slacked off, so I'll have to build up to this amount.  I also want to take more time to do post-run stretching.  Lastly, I want to stay healthy.  2009 was not a good year as far as injuries go, and I don't think I've ever been sick for so many days as I was this year.  I attribute the increased sickness to my volunteering at my kid's school.  It's hard enough trying to dodge the germs of my own 5 kids, but I added the germs of another 25 2nd grade kids.  The increase in germs with hard training, and not enough sleep equals a lot of sick days.  While I do have fun in training hard, I need to learn to relax a bit more and not forget that training is not my job. Running/training is something that I don't have to do, but rather something I am fortunate enough to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment